Sunday 19th March 2017
3rd Sunday of Lent
All Age Service at 10:30am
Theme: "You Give Them Something to Eat"
THE COLLECT FOR THIS SUNDAY
Rev Christiana Asinugo
Talk: Fanni Pásztor
Eternal God, give us insight to discern your will for us, to give up what harms us, and to seek the perfection we are promised in Jesus Christ our Lord.
Please join us for a cuppa after the service
PRAYER FOCUS FOR THIS WEEK
- Pray for the sick. In particular we continue to pray for Edward, that a compatible kidney donor may be found for him, and for Melody as she struggles with the effect of Chemotherapy.
- Pray for Phyllis, Joyce's sister, who is still in hospital.
- Pray for Bishop John who is unwell.
- Pray for all who are bereaved, lonely or alone.
- Pray for all those looking for work.
- Pray for all those who live in Fairland Road and those we met during the Outreach.
- Pray for the leaders of Stratford Rising Stars and our Parents & Toddlers group.
- Pray for your family members, including Church family, during this time of Lent.
Are you going into hospital, ill or recently lost a loved one or is there anybody you would like the Church to pray for? Please let Sandra know by ringing her on 020 8221 0902.
Scripture for the Week:
Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke them. Then he gave them to the disciples to distribute to the people. They all ate and were satisfied.
NOTICES & INFORMATION
Sunday 19th March: Deepening the Church's prayer life: Session with Sandra E from 9am-10am.
Monday 20th March:
• Rebuilding our Churches: Meeting with Paul Withnail at 1:30pm-4pm at St Paul's & St James.
• Stratford Rising Stars meets at 6pm
Tuesday 21st March:
• Visit by Park Primary School: 1:30pm Volunteers to help would be welcome
• Tuesday 21st March: PCC meeting at 8pm
Wednesday 22nd March:
• Morning Prayer at 9am & coffee at 10am
• Parents & Toddlers Group meets at 10:30am.
• Evening Discipleship course meets at Len's house at 7:30pm
Thursday 23rd March:
• Deanery Chapter meeting: at St Barts East Ham
• Time to Share course at 7:30pm at St John's
Saturday 25th March:
• Quiet Day at St Margaret's Barking.
• Lent and Easter Course: Witnessing at Work 10:30am -3:30 pm at St John's Church Stratford
Sunday 26th March: CLOCKS GO FORWARD 1 HOUR. Don't forget or you'll be late for our Mothering Sunday Service: please invite all your non-Church-going neighbours and friends.
Sunday 26th March: Westfield Evening Service 5:15pm for 5:30pm
Time Out With God: 10am-4pm. Held every Monday, a day of worship & reflection at Nationwide Christian Trust's Mulberry House in High Ongar, Essex. Includes 2 course lunch & refreshments. Cost £20, if you are interested in going please let Sandra or Christy know.
2017 - The year of Nurture and Growth, How would you like to feed and nurture your spiritual being.
Please read the Notice Board every week for St Matthew's events for 2017.
Not many people carry cash all the time and Giving is part of our call to discipleship. You can give and support the Church regularly by setting up a Standing Order for St Matthew's Church.
The Food Bank: Please use the Box provided. See Noticeboard for full list of items needed.
You are invited to Sunday morning prayer at 10am.
Visitors & New Members: Please sign our Visitors Book and collect a Welcome Pack.
Facebook & Twitter:
You can now follow what's happening at St Matthews by following us on Facebook
, keep yourself right up to date!
Resolve Course: If you are interested in taking part in a Resolve course on a Thursday evening please sign the sheet on the WELCOME DESK.
TimeforGod Volunteer: Please prayerfully consider whether you could host our new TfG volunteer when Fanni leaves us in June.
Volunteers are needed between Wednesday and Friday evening to help put back the chairs after Parent and Toddler group.
ELECTORAL ROLL REVISION:
Please note that the revision of our Electoral Roll commences on 12th March. If you are not sure whether you are already on the Roll please check the list on the Noticeboard or talk to Isobelle, our Electoral Roll Officer.
PRAYER DURING LENT:
Please note that during the season of Lent Christy will be saying Morning & Evening Prayers in the Church on Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays at 8:45am-9:30am & 5:15pm-6pm.
Talk to Rev. Christy about:
Baptism, Wedding, Bible Study and Volunteering.
See Our Contact
page for how to get in touch