Sunday 16th June 2019
Service at 10:30am
Theme: Fathers Day
THE COLLECT FOR THIS SUNDAY
Talk: Guest speaker - Fossil Free Newham
Holy God, faithful and unchanging: enlarge our minds with the knowledge of your truth, and draw us more deeply into the mystery of your love, that we may truly worship you, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.
Please join us for a cuppa after the service
2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land.
PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
- that God will speak to us about his message of Pentecost.Give us a desire to activate/use or ask forthe spiritual gifts he has given us to strengthen and grow his church.
- for church members: Alice Howsen, Joyce, Carmella recovering at home (do visit if you can) and all others you are aware of.
- for the lonely and the bereaved at home especially Louise, long standing member of our church, whose sister has died. Please take time to visit her as she is quite fragile emotionally and living alone.
- for Frances as she recovers from eye surgery.
- for Alicia and Matthew (Alice G's grandchildren).
- for persecuted Christians all over the world and all those who are marginalised and faced with injustice.
- for the Church, and the leaders.
- continuously that God will show you the spiritual gift he has given you to serve his church. If he felt the early church needed them how much more his servants of today!
- for wisdom, kindness and sacrifice to know how to deal with desperate situations and need on our doorstep.
- for the ministry at Westfield and its volunteers.
- any church members taking exams at this time.
NOTICES & INFORMATION
St Matthews PCC meet 7:30pm
9am-10am Morning prayer
at Louise's house Meet alternate Wednesday. See John
18th - Archbishop's Reconciliation Course
every Tuesday to end 7:30-9pm at Emmanuel Church.
25th - New church admin
to commence work here at St Matthews
28th - Music Workshop at St Matthews:
6:30-7:30pm. All ages invited. Come and experience a taster of different musical skills. See flyer on notice board.
29th - Sandra's Ordination:
Taking place at All Saints West Ham 10am. Seating is on a first come basis so see Sandra if interested in going.
30th - Bring 'n' Share Lunch:
If able to stay please complete the 'offering' list to have a good range of food.
4th - Christian Studies:
Taster Evening at St Johns 7:30pm
if you are interested in confirmation or baptism in 2019
Film Night in September:
seeks volunteer or two to make the event happen. If you are interested but uncertain of what it entails Ileen is happy to advise and support. Please see Christy or Ileen
Our Vision for St Matthews
We are a church centred on prayer, worship and scripture & committed to God and to each other.
Jesus's example motivates us to love, care for and support those in our local community and the wider world.
We welcome everyone into our community of faith and aim to encourage and inspire so that all may flourish and grow.
FAITH in SCHOOLS:
Volunteer in many ways to share the Resurrection Story with Newham's schools. Info session. See Carmel if interested.
Joyce is now at Bakers Court Nursing home:
138, Little Ilford Lane. E12 5PJ
Please prayerfully consider
joining the Prayer Ministry Team here at St Matthews. Necessary training will be given, open to all members. This is an important act of love and support we can give each other.
St Katherine House:
2 Butchers House E14. A chance for quiet and reflection: 2nd Monday of every month, charge of £20 includes lunch. Call 0300 111 1147
See labelled container. Donate non-perishable food, toiletries and nappies. Many would be grateful you did.
Giving is part of our call to discipleship.
You can give and support the Church regularly by setting up a Standing Order for St Matthews Church. See Isobelle for information.
Facebook & Twitter:
You can now follow what's happening at St Matthews by following us on Facebook
, keep yourself right up to date!
GROUP 2 WELCOME & HOSPITALITY:
(please check who you are from the list on the hall door.)
If you would like to put any information on the notice sheet for Sunday, let Christy know in writing on the Monday prior.
Talk to Rev. Christy about:
Baptism, Wedding, Bible Study and Volunteering.
See Our Contact
page for how to get in touch