Sunday 14th April 2019
Please join us for a cuppa after the service
Service at 10:30am
Lead: Rev Christy / Sandra E
Preach: Rev Christy
Scripture for the Week:
2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land.
Easter Services & Events
- 14th April; 10:30am: Palm Sunday with procession around the Church;
- 14th April; 5:30pm: Inspire Westfield prayer
- 18th April; 12noon-4pm: Shoe shinning at Westfield Mall(1st floor near Miss Diva Shoes and the World food court)
- 18th April; 7pm-9pm: Maundy Fish and Chips Meal and Holy Communion. Contact Christy on 07723 323 259 if you would like a meal (cost between £3-£6)
- 19th April; 10am-11:30am: Good Friday service 12noon , Witness walk from 12noon with other Churches
- 21st April; 10:30am: Easter Celebration 10:30 am with Holy Communion.
PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
- for us here so we can hear what God's spirit is saying to our community.
- for church members: Alice Howsen, Joyce, Jeff, Carmella recovering from a recent operation, Sandra W, Edward, Ann-Kathrin's mum; Margaret,
and all others you are aware of for increasing wholeness of mind and body.
- for the lonely and the bereaved.
- for persecuted Christians all over the world and all those who are marginalised and faced with injustice.
- for the Church, and the leaders as it shares the reasons for the Cross this Easter.
- for wisdom, kindness and sacrifice to know how to deal with desperate situations and need on our doorstep.
- for disaster victims in Mozambique and Zimbabwe, supporting by donations of money and clothing through the church.
- for all those who are struggling to make ends meet and for the homeless.
- for the ministry at Westfield and its volunteers.
- for the Easter Mission with TFM in May and our co-operation in resulting events.
- for bravery and courage for our MP's, especially Christians in parliament that they would continue to seek the wisdom of god and act in the way of Jesus his son for the benefit of all.
NOTICES & INFORMATION
Palm Sunday with procession around the church.
Inspire Westfield Prayer: 5:30pm.
Christy's Licensing at Barking Lodge 1pm
9am-10am Morning prayer.
No Toddler group.
7:45 Bible study group here at St Matts.
at Louise's house Meet alternate Wednesday. See John.
Shoe shining at Westfield 1-4.
Maundy Thursday Meal with communion at St Matts. Please make your food order with Isobelle.
Good Friday service 10am-11:30am.
Witness walk with other churches 12 noon
APCM 12:45 pm in the church. Please consider whether you would like to join the PCC.
Saturday 4th May:
Mission Training at St Saviours 9am start. Take a pack Lunch.
Wednesday 8th May:
Pamper play and stay. Help is needed to serve Tea and coffee.
Saturday 11th May:
Mission training and engagement in the parish. TBC
serving as a PCC member or as a Church warden. Forms are available at the welcome desk :
Are you interested in joining Newham Clinical commissioning group:
Call 020 3816 3860.
Please give your phone number to Isobelle:
to add you to the Ladies Whatsapp group if you are not on the list already.
Our Vision for St Matthews
We are a church centred on prayer, worship and scripture & committed to God and to each other.
Jesus's example motivates us to love, care for and support those in our local community and the wider world.
We welcome everyone into our community of faith and aim to encourage and inspire so that all may flourish and grow.
The church is seeking to employ an experienced interim admin to cover sickness. Pay £9.15 per hour. 9-10 hrs per week. If interested please see Christy.
Spiritual Companionship and the Big Question. 5 week course in May 1 + 15th and June 5, 12 + 19th. St John's Stratford. Cost: £40. Contact Ann Coleman: 01277 821 366
Joyce is now at Bakers Court Nursing home:
138, Little Ilford Lane. E12 5PJ
St Katherine House:
2 Butchers House E14. A chance for quiet and reflection: 2nd Monday of every month, charge of £20 includes lunch. Call 0300 111 1147
See labelled container. Donate non-perishable food, toiletries and nappies. Many would be grateful you did.
Giving is part of our call to discipleship.
You can give and support the Church regularly by setting up a Standing Order for St Matthews Church. See Isobelle for information.
Facebook & Twitter:
You can now follow what's happening at St Matthews by following us on Facebook
, keep yourself right up to date!
Visitors & New Members:
Please sign our Visitors Book and collect a Welcome Pack.
GROUP 4 WELCOME & HOSPITALITY:
(please check who you are from the list on the hall door.)
If you would like to put any information on the notice sheet for Sunday, let Christy know in writing on the Monday prior.
Talk to Rev. Christy about:
Baptism, Wedding, Bible Study and Volunteering.
See Our Contact
page for how to get in touch