Sunday 5th August 2018
10th Sunday of Trinity
Sunday Morning Worship Service at 10:30am
Theme: Bread of Life; leads to growth
THE COLLECT FOR THIS SUNDAY
Talk: Rev. Christy
Almighty God who sent your Holy Spirit to be the life and light of your Church, open our hearts to the riches of your grace that we may bring forth the fruit of the Spirit in love & joy & peace through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord who is alive and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God now and forever.
Please join us for a cuppa after the service
Sunday 12th August 2018
11th Sunday of Trinity
Communion Service at 10:30am
Theme: Bread of Life that sustains
Talk: Rev. Christy
PRAYER FOCUS FOR THIS WEEK
Scripture for the Week:
- for the bereaved, lonely and sick, especially Len, Edward, Jeff Fraser, Alice Howsen, Carmella Gerber's son, Suzan and Alphonso, Ann-Kathrin's Mum, Margaret, Kathy, Jeff Freese & family.
- for all those who work or live in Aylesbury Close and those we met during the Parish Outreach.
- for all those involved in the forest fires in Greece & California, particularly those who have been made homeless.
- for the survivors of the recent earthquake in Indonesia.
- for Theresa May and the Brexit negotiations which are proving so difficult.
- for persecuted Christians all over the world
- for TfG as they sort out their licence issue. Yaily will not now be coming to help us with our Childrens Ministry
Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.
NOTICES & INFORMATION
Join Carmel and others to pray for St Matthews Church at 9:30am-10:30am
Join Sandra E, Joyce and others at 10am for Prayers before the Service
Morning Prayer at 9am with coffee at 10am
Bible Study Group Meets in Church at 7:30pm
Prayer & discussion group - meets every fortnight at Louise's house at 8pm
Sunday 5th August:
Vicarage Garden Tea after Service (no confirmation preparation)
Saturday 11th August:
Healing Ministry training & prayer at St Matthews by members of the Good Shepherd Church from 9:30am to 12:30
Resourcing Pastoral Carers - A foundation course in Pastoral Care at St John's Church Stratford on Saturday, October 6th and 20th; Saturday November 3rd, 10th and 24th.
Develop your understanding of pastoral care from a Christian perspective and be more effective in caring for others. For an application form contact Diane Hardy on 01245 294449.
ST MATTHEW'S GROUPS:
There are 4 St Matthew's Groups as listed below - please check to see that you are in one of these groups.
Aim of the Groups:
1. To encourage an all member ministry at this Church with members of each group working together in caring, sharing and supporting one another to achieve the objectives below
2. Getting to know each other better
3. To improve the welcome and hospitality ministry at St Matthews.
Objectives of the Groups:
To ensure that refreshments are organised and served on Sundays as and when needed
Visitors and guests are made welcome and offered refreshments
Guests and visitors are talked to
Tables and chairs are set up and cleared away
Cups and cutlery are washed up and put away
Church Wardens are advised when stocks are low
Duties to be reviewed
If your name is not on this list speak to Christy or Sandra W.
Matthew/Amelia; Carmel; Jasmine; Alice W; Edward; Lillian; Noble; Pearla; Ileen; Cydney; Sally; Kathy; Gyles; Adrian O
Sandra W, Jeff Freese; Sonia; Bevin; Ezinne; Shaun; Isobelle; Rose; Chima; Sandra E; Jeff Fraser
Joe W; John W; Heidi; Judith M; Sue R; Alice M; Jordan; Chief Sir Asinugo; Naomi; Christopher; Frances; Abigail O
Joyce R; Dave E; Novelette: Marvia; Alice G; Sandra O; Coral; Adabel; Tobey; Abbas; Alice O
UPDATED GIFTS LIST:
If you haven't yet done so, put your completed Form into the box on the Welcome Desk. We need to know how you can help this Church and its wider community.
PRAYING ON THE WAY:
A series of study sessions on using different prayer traditions to build our confidence and experience. Starts in September on Tuesday evenings at St. Bartholomew's Church from 7.30pm-9pm.
See flyer on Welcome Desk for further details and details on how to book a place.
Talk to Rev. Christy about:
Baptism, Wedding, Bible Study and Volunteering.
See Our Contact
page for how to get in touch