Sunday 23rd April 2017
2nd Sunday of Easter
Communion Service Service at 10:30am
Theme: As the Father Sent Me I am Sending You
THE COLLECT FOR THIS SUNDAY
Talk: Dave E
Risen Christ, for whom no door is locked, no entrance barred: open the doors of our hearts, that we may seek the good of others and walk the joyful road of sacrifice and peace, to the praise of God the Father.
Please join us for a cuppa after the service
Sunday 30th April 2017
3rd Sunday of Easter
Young Adult Service at 10:30am
Talk: Sandra E
PRAYER FOCUS FOR THIS WEEK
- Pray for the sick. In particular we continue to pray for Edward, that a compatible kidney donor may be found for him, and for Melody as she continues her treatment. We also pray for Joyce, Phyllis (Joyce’s sister) and also for Tom, the Security Manager at Westfield who was involved in an accident.
- Pray for victims of terrorist attacks; their families and friends.
- Pray for all Christian churches facing persecution
- Pray for all who are bereaved, lonely or alone.
- Pray that this Easter will be for us a time to renew our faith in Christ and our journey with him.
- Pray for CPAS, the Church Pastoral Aid Society, and all that they are doing to further the Kingdom of God.
- Pray for all those who live in Ferns Road and those we met during the Outreach.
- Pray for the leaders of Stratford Rising Stars and our Parents & Toddlers group.
- Pray for your family members, including the Church family.
Are you going into hospital, ill or recently lost a loved one or is there anybody you would like the Church to pray for? Please let Sandra know by ringing her on 020 8221 0902.
Scripture for the Week:
David said about him "I saw the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand. I will not be shaken."
NOTICES & INFORMATION
Our Vision for St Matthew's
We are a church centred on prayer, worship and scripture & committed to God and to each other. Jesus's example motivates us to love, care for and support those in our local community and the wider world. We welcome everyone into our community of faith and aim to encourage and inspire so that all may flourish and grow.
Sunday 23rd April:
Annual Parochial Church Meeting (Annual General Meeting); Time 12:30 for 12:45pm All members are encouraged to wait behind.
Wednesday 26th April:
Morning Prayer at 9am & coffee at 10am
Parents & Toddlers Group meets at 10:30am
Bible Study Group meets at Len’s house at 7:30pm
Thursday 27th April:
Prayer and discussion group at Louise’s house at 8pm. This group meets fortnightly.
Connecting Faiths - Building Communities Conference at Stratford Old Town Hall from 5:30pm-9:30pm. Various workshops to choose from.
Time Out With God: If you would be interested in a day of worship & reflection on either 8th or 15th May please let Sandra or Christy know. Cost £20 (2 course lunch & refreshments included)
2017 - The year of Nurture and Growth, How would you like to feed and nurture your spiritual being.
Please read the Notice Board every week for St Matthew's events for 2017.
Not many people carry cash all the time and Giving is part of our call to discipleship. You can give and support the Church regularly by setting up a Standing Order for St Matthew's Church.
The Food Bank: Please use the Box provided. See Noticeboard for full list of items needed.
You are invited to Sunday morning prayer at 10am.
Visitors & New Members: Please sign our Visitors Book and collect a Welcome Pack.
Facebook & Twitter:
You can now follow what's happening at St Matthews by following us on Facebook
, keep yourself right up to date!
Baptism & Confirmation Courses: If you are interested in having either yourself or your child baptised or confirmed please speak to Rev. Christy for further information
To God be the Glory Rev. Chukwudum and his family have been blessed with a baby girl.
Talk to Rev. Christy about:
Baptism, Wedding, Bible Study and Volunteering.
See Our Contact
page for how to get in touch